We can assist with tendon and ligament injuries, post surgical rehabilitation for FHO, CHD or cruciate ligament tears, strengthening for arthritic and dysplaciac dogs, conditioning and obesity prevention.
We have had many success stories with our canine clients and we would love to share in one with your dog as well.
Our facility is one of only 55 in the world that features the AquaPacer by Ferno, an equine underwater treadmill system.
The AquaPacer allows us to achieve:
- Reduced weight bearing of 40 – 60%
- Reduced impact on limbs
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Joint decompression
- Reduction of friction between articulating joints
- Hydrostatic pressure to assist blood flow and reduce swelling
Benefits of the AquaPacer include:
- Reduced recovery time by 50 – 60%
- Improved performance
- Accelerated conditioning
- Encouraging muscle development
- Increasing cardiovascular fitness
- Promoting correct posture and a balanced gait
- Minimizes performance injuries
From rehabilitating ligament and muscle injuries to conditioning post-surgical cases, we have been excited to discover the possibilities the AquaPacer affords us in this important field.
Before your dog’s appointment, please:
- Make sure your dog is clean. Shedding fur and outside debris can block our tank’s gears making cleaning difficult. Brushing or bathing your dog prior to its session also keeps our water fresher for the next use. We do provide dog shampoo for an additional $10.00.
- Allow your dog the chance to use the bathroom before its session. Use the east lawn (the one without the picnic bench) for dog use. The west lawn is people use only.
- Bring a towel to dry your dog or we provide a towel service for an extra $5.00.
- For everyone’s safety, please make sure your dog is on a leash when you arrive.
- Please make sure your dog is up to date on all of its vaccinations specifically Distemper, Kennel Cough, Rabies and Leptospirosis. Ask us for more information concerning vaccinations.
- Please be prepared to pay immediately or in advance. We accept checks or cash. Please make checks payable to PVEQAQ.